Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The one where you don't eat...

Anyone who reads my blog even semi-regularly knows that when it comes to the Jewish Holidays, I'm all about tradition. There are special foods, special prayers, special rituals...you get the idea. Of course, my favorite traditions are the special foods. Especially if those foods involve anything with the word "kugel" in them. My least favorite holidays are the ones where you don't eat. The ones where we are expected to fast from one time to the other without even a drop of water. Me and not eating? Yeah, bitter enemies isn't a strong enough description. Ask any Tiara and she'll tell you exactly what happens if I'm not fed regularly...and it's not pretty.
However, on those holidays where we don't eat, there is a shining bright light...FOOD! See, before the fast begins it's tradition to eat a big meal. Then it's tradition to Break the Fast with another large meal at the end. So tonight I'm off to Mom's for Kol Nidre dinner, which involved me baking an apple kugel. Hopefully this time the center will actually cook.
And maybe, while we're at it, the cleaning fairy will come take care of my kitchen.
Yeah, you're right...I better keep dreaming.
So here's to an easy fast for those of you fasting. And to a happy and healthy new year. Shanah Tovah!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

yeah, I actually thought about you fasting all day today, and didn't even dare communicate with you via e-mail. LOL! Yes, dear readers, it's that bad.

But now that you're fed again...I'm all for communication again! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home