Monday, March 09, 2009

Life gets in the way...

How are you today?
An innocent enough question to be sure. And I do want to know, how are you?
Hopefully, you're doing better than me. I'm feeling incredibly stressed these days. I spent the last few days flying back to Michigan for all of 2 days for my cousin's Bar Mitzvah. A whirlwind visit with family, family and more family. A visit that left little time for writing, or grading, both of which I need to desperately get to work on.
Anyone else out there feeling buried by life?
I'm climbing back into things slowly. I'm having to cut back on my writing for the next month while I catch up on grading, and report cards. But while this bothers me, I also know it's all doable in the long run...as long as I don't let the panic set in.

So tell me, how do you climb out of the hole? How do you stay sane when everything around you(including the weather) is going crazy?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Genella deGrey said...

Erin - Funny you should mention being buried . . . Yesterday I wrestled with my website for two hours (I can't fix tiny font details with out messing other items up. Grrrr.)

Not two minutes after I gave up, I got some other bad news that I'm reluctant to share for fear of totally flaming someone on whom I'm depending upon in my publication process. (I dislike with much contempt having to depend upon others. I'm a Taurus, not stubborn, but DETERMINED to get things done properly and in a timely manner.)

I went into a rage. I stuffed my face (with mostly salad, thank God!) and when that wasn't enough, I went to the mall and power walked like a mad woman. (I have *really* bad knees and rarely, if ever, do I get to work out.)

So that's what I did. I went crazy to keep myself sane.

:)
G.

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what a fun trip it was I'm sure!!

I'm buried too. By lots of edits and critiques and rewrites I've been doing. Then the normal stuff. How do I climb out of the hole...hmm. Probably keeping climbing (working through stuff) until I can see sunlight again! :D

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Drinking heavily is not a solution, but sometimes a margarita doesn't hurt. I feel you on the hectic life. hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home