Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The plague...

The Plague (or at least, it's very distant relative) is currently making it's way through my classroom. I've thankfully managed to avoid it, but the margin for error is fairly narrow. I'm working hard to fight it all off (and taking whatever miracle worker is currently being sworn for). This fight includes: taking long walks on a sunny afternoon, spending time with The Boy, some writing, and catching up on my reading. To be more specific, the new Eileen Carr book - Hold Back the Dark - is out...and in my hot little hands. Ooh, boy. I can't wait to read this one. Though to be honest, you should have seen the look of dismay when The Boy met me at B&N last week. The conversation went a little like this:
"Where are you?"
"At the bookstore."
"Which section?"
"I'll give you two guesses."
He found me a few minutes later with HBtD and Jill Shalvis's Instant Attraction in my hands. "I need them," I explained.
He gave me the look reserved for crazy people.
"No, I really do. And see? I have a gift card."
Somehow, this last part made it all okay. But the laughter began again when I refused a bag from the store, and instead insisted on shoving them both into my purse...along side the book I was already reading.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

One can never have too many books- and I really loved Hold Back the Dark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home