Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New toys...

I'm testing my new toy tonight. I call it Dragon. It's the voice recognition software I have been waiting to buy. This is my way of continuing to write while also saving my hands. In fact, I'm using the software right now!
The test is going pretty well all things considered. I do a lot of deleting, correcting, and general gnashing of teeth. But I figure it's all worth it. Especially if it prolongs my ability to write and use my hands.
Of course it was pretty weird talking into my headset while the boy sat on the couch watching basketball the other day. I kept expecting him to comment on what I was "writing."
I can even secure file my nails why talk! What writer can say that? It's taking some getting used to, learning the commands for what I can change and what I can't. Supposedly the more I correct, the more it gets to know my voice and eventually I won't need to change half as much as I do now.
I really hope they're not wrong.
In meantime I'm having fun. Even if I do feel a little foolish.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

So, um, did you do this blog entry with Dragon? This sentence makes me ask:

"I can even secure file my nails why talk!"

LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home