Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oh, my head...

As a writer, I'm always looking for ways to make my books stronger. It's my job. Making each book better than the last is the goal.
In light of this, I found myself listening to a workshop from last summer's National Conference on my walk tonight. The topic? How to heat up your manuscript. Not the specific title, but the topic. The speaker was engaging, and full of good advice. She was thought provoking and entertaining all at the same time. The problem? She provoked too many thoughts on how I can fix my last manuscript, and also on what I can do for my next manuscript.
Too bad I'm working on a middle grade novel geared toward fifth grade and up. She was absolutely no help for that one. And seeing as how I'm about 40 pages from the end, I can use all the help I can get.
*sigh*
I probably should have done a better job choosing which workshop to listen to...but it was too much fun to stop.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Caryn Caldwell said...

I haven't listened to that one yet, probably because I'm writing YA. Still, it sounds like a fun one. May have to put it in next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home