Thursday, July 02, 2009

Home sweet home...

I'm finally home from L.A. (well, technically, I got home on Sunday, but haven't really been in MY home all week), with lots of pictures. What a great way to start my summer break! Sun, good food, fabulous friends, and flights that took off and landed on time.
What more can a gal ask for?
Pictures you say? Well, that I can do. So while I'm working on revisions and marvelling that I haven't managed to kill the orchid a student gave me, enjoy!
It's all about brunch. Or was it lunch? Frankly, time seemed to run together. But The Newsroom, just up the road from the now famous Ivy, had some of the best french toast ever!

After a long day wandering around Los Angeles, we drove up to The Getty Museum. The museum has some of the best views in the city. After wandering through one of the photo exhibits, and grabbing a snack, we took a few moments to relax before getting ready for the evening's entertainment...The Groundlings Theater.
The trip would not have been complete without a visit to Venice Beach. Have I mentioned how much I love the water? And the beach? I wanted to stay here all day...but we had things to do.

Like find C's fiance who'd gone off to park the car. Eventually she called him to find out where he was. You'd think she was famous, the way she avoided the camera, though. She's got it down to an art.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Which day were you at the Getty? Michel was there Saturday morning. That would have been hilarious if you saw eachother :)

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Genella deGrey said...

We are having a very mild summer - thank God!
Enjoy!!
:)
G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home