Friday, July 10, 2009

How are you spending your summer vacation?

If you're anything like me, you're spending it trying to do all the things you put off during the rest of the year...filing, shredding, reading.
Ah, reading. It was so nice to sit down on my couch the other day and just read. And read. And read some more.
I think I'm probably trying to cram as much reading into my summer as I can, since I know I won't have nearly as much time to enjoy it during the rest of the year. In light of this, I thought I'd share some of my more recent reads, which include (but are not limited to):
  • Mr. Cavendish, I Presume by Julia Quinn
  • How to Ruin My Teenage Life by Simone Elkeles
  • Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs
  • The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner

And I'm currently in the middle of Adios to my Old Life by Caridad Ferrer and Brain Rules by John Medina.

So many books, so many thoughts. Strangely, the best part of all this reading is that it's giving my creative brain the break it needs to really think through my current WiP. I've made more progress on revisions and edits since I've had the time to read, simply because I'm more relaxed about it all. Which doesn't make the revision process any easier, really, but at least the ideas are there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home