Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The thing about writing is...

Here's the thing about writing: When you are a writer, you're writing every time you think about the book. You don't need to be at the computer, or with pen in hand. When you brainstorm, critique, or ponder your characters, you're writing.
It's taken me a long time to get my head around that concept. I joke that I'm "slacker writer" because my page count doesn't match the higher counts of my critique partners. But it's a joke, because even if I'm not actively writing, I'm pondering. And that pondering helps the pages flow better when I do sit down.

How about you? What is something you love to do, that you don't always have as much time for as you'd like?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Kate Diamond said...

Writing is definitely on the list... especially since we're nearing the end of summer... so sad...

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am always writing in the fashion that you describe. The thing is I berate myself for not doing more. It's good to know that pondering counts as writing as well. Thanks so much. Look forward to reading more of your work.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Erin said...

So glad you found me K.D. Glad to know I'm not the only one, either :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home