Monday, April 11, 2011

A Healthier You...

The other day I found myself in the bookstore looking at all the diet books, self-help books, beauty books, etc. and realized that everyone is out there trying to tell you the same thing: How to be a Healthier You.  The last several years have been a journey in health for me as I've taken control of chronic problems that I've had for years.  Now I'd like to share that journey with you, and hopefully inspire YOU to become the healthiest you, you can be.
They say the first step is recognizing you have a problem.  This is usually followed by denial.  In my case, both were true.  About 9 years ago I was diagnosed with Repetitive Stress Injury in both my hands.  All this really meant was that the doctors didn't really know what was wrong with me, they just knew I had a lot of pain.  No one knew what to do, and I spent the next 9 years searching for alternative therapies to avoid creating more problems and the avoid potential surgery.

Now, 9 years later, I'm finally on the road to being pain free.  At the same time, the weight I fought so hard to take off 12 years ago has started to creep back on.  I'm frustrated by this, as I'm sure many of you can relate.  So, what does this all have to do with you?  Simple, the new direction for this blog is to help you, and in helping you help myself, become the healthiest writer I can be.  To that end, you can look forward to healthy eating tips, losing weight strategies that I learned through my many years of working for one of the leading weight-loss programs, exercise tips, as well as some mental exercises to help you be healthy both physically and mentally. 
First up? The stretch every writer must do.

***Disclaimer*** I am not a doctor, a nurse, a health practitioner of any kind.  I'm not a personal trainer, and everything I share here are just ideas to get you started on a healthier road.  Please talk to your doctor before starting a new physical routine.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Looking forward to reading what you discover! I've had much the same problem - I had to file a worker's comp claim due to poor ergonomic conditions and went through physical therapy, occupational therapy - and, well, therapy! I emerged much smarter about everything, but there are contant challenges (how to make every workplace ergonomic, how to make time for all the stretching etc. I'm supposed to do).

Good job and good luck!
Christy (www.christykarras.com)

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Sooo looking forward to what you've got to share! I think my main problem is arthritis, which isn't going to go away with exercise, I don't think, but I know other issues will!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm so glad you ladies are excited about this. I can't wait to share some of the stuff I'm learning. It's pretty crazy how small things can make such a difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home