Thursday, July 14, 2011

We've all heard it...

But how many of us do it?  Take a break that is.  I've read several articles recently reminding people to get up from the computer at least once an hour for several minutes.  Get up.  Move around.  Look at something other than a computer screen. 
Now, if you're anything like me, you get up and you may not sit back down for another hour as you become engrossed in various other timewasters (ie. housework).  For a long time I felt badly about this.  I thought I was being unproductive.  Recently however, I began to realize that those aren't the timewasters I thought they were.  In fact, what they are is the mental, physical, and visual break my poor body needs.
Challenge time!  I challenge you to take a 5 min. mini-break every hour.  You can walk around, you can read a magazine (stay away from the books, or your break will likely become two hours of wasted time), dance to some music, load the dishwasher, make some tea...anything!  Just remember to sit back down when you're done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home