Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Very Rewarding Experiences...


Dona has once again tagged me for Top Ten Tuesday. Top Ten Very Rewarding Experiences:
  1. Walking across the stage to receive my Masters in Teaching. It's hard to top this one. After having been out in the work world, I made the choice to go back to school full time. Let me tell you, it's much harder the second time around. All the sudden my life no longer felt like the one I'd built. But receiving that diploma, knowing I made it through? Fabulous.
  2. Finishing my first full length manuscript. Again, not much can compare with this one. There something about typing The End on a manuscript when you weren't sure you'd ever get there.
  3. Moving across the country. I sometimes wonder how my life would have been different, had I stayed in Michigan. Almost all of my friends have moved from there, as well as much of my immediate family. Since moving to WA, I've met the most amazing people, and some of my dearest friends. I can't imagine life without them.
  4. Completing a 20-mile bike ride. Completing this ride with my mother makes it even more special.
  5. Dinner with friends. I never laugh as hard when I'm alone (though let's be honest, I laugh plenty even alone), as I do when I'm with good friends.
  6. The moment when a new concept clicks for one of my struggling students. The look of pride on his or her face makes me so unbelievably proud.
  7. When I make a fabulous dinner, even when it's only for me. I love good food, but since I live alone, I rarely cook anything fancy just for me.
  8. When all my clutter is put away. I'm not messy, per se, but I tend to spread out, and I don't have a ton of time to clean back up. But I love that feeling of having a clean, uncluttered kitchen table.
  9. Completing a home project without help. I love that I put my computer desk together on my own, and that I put my coffee table together almost on my own (thank you D!)
  10. Sitting out on my porch on a sunny day, with a good book and a glass of iced tea. I'm usually running around, or working, or writing. So to have the luxury of relaxing outside means that I finished all the Must Do's.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home