Saturday, June 23, 2007

Take that!

The last day of school is bittersweet. Okay, maybe more sweet than bitter but there were some tears. We held our graduation breakfast yesterday morning, complete with certificates and a slide show. One of my students, a very quiet boy who loves to read, came up to say goodbye, and spent most of it staring at the ceiling so he wouldn't cry. That one had me in tears.
But I wasn't crying when I went back to my classroom and finished shoving things into my cupboards, recycle bin and garbage cans. I'm all packed and stacked now, and I won't be back in my class until August. Time to breath a sigh of relief...and get back to work.
I've decided to take a month off my writing. Between report cards, and other life events, I need some time to get myself back in the right headspace. I've been going full-throttle since September, in both my job and my writing. So I'll be back to it in July, when I can really put the pedal to the metal and try to finish off this manuscript...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home