Monday, August 27, 2007

Community...

Why is it that when I return from my Tiara's meetings, I always feel like I should thank them for their time? These gals are some of my dearest friends, and they understand a part of my life that only a few can grasp with any real understanding. Like me they live on a regular basis with their characters floating threw their heads. Like me they struggle with how to make the next book better, bigger, stronger, etc. Like me, they fight to find the time and energy to write.
So when we all get together and share our stories, whether of our writing journey or of our lives, I feel like I need to thank them for those stories. For including me in their lives.
Tonight is no exception. Tonight I left our gathering excited by our conversations, and by the help I received in how to pull my characters back from the corner I stuck them in. But I also left with a bit of sadness, almost a let down. It was over. Sure I'd see most (if not all) of them at the next Eastside meeting in two weeks, but it wouldn't be the same. Was it melancholy? PMS? I really can't say, but part of me wanted to run back to Christina's house and gather everyone back up. (Of course, Christina was probably already asleep by the time this hit me, so maybe not such a good idea.) I wanted to pull together the laughter, the energy, the push I get from these gals, bottle it and stick it on a shelf to pull out for those frustrating times.
Of course, now I'm home and that desperate urge has faded somewhat. Still, thank you. Thank you to my girls, and to the rest of you who give me so much on a regular basis. I may not say it often enough, but the sentiment is there.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaawww, thanks Erin! I feel the same way about the Tiaras. Thank you for sharing your stories and including me in your life!

Kelli

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Awww! Group hug! We all feel the same way, you know. :-)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I'm also glad to have our close-knit group for support. Who else would understand the constant angst of dealing with the voices in our heads without feeling like they have to suggest we become medicated? ;-)

Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home