Saturday, September 15, 2007

All praise him!

Ooooh boy, was this afternoon interesting. First off, I had plans to me my aunt for lunch. I was supposed to be at her place at noon, and left with what should have been plenty of time...any day but game day. Yes my friends, the Huskies played in town today. Which meant I was stuck in traffic for just short of an hour. I eventually made it to her house, and we headed to downtown Seattle for lunch at the Purple Cafe. Yum!
After lunch we decided to wander downtown a bit, something I rarely get to do anymore, now that I live and work solely on the Eastside. In our wanderings we stumbled upon some kind of musical performance, so of course we stopped. We love live music! We also love people watching, and this crowd looked interesting.
Did you ever see Stomp the Yard? We had our own personal demonstration going on in front of the stage full of female singers. The steppers rocked, firing up the crowd and getting everyone in the groove. Then the choir began to sing. There was much stomping, clapping and joyous music. So much so that it took me almost three minutes to realize what we'd found.
A revival. Or at least the closest thing to a revival downtown Seattle was going to see. I also think it's safe to say my aunt and I were the only Jews in the audience. And definitely the only one's not praising Jesus. They choir was wonderful, the audience definitely grooving, and we? We were having a pretty good time ourselves, well, when we disregarded the subject matter that was. The clapping and singing I could get into though.
And you thought it was safe to let us out in public.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have to tell your mom on you. *snort* K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home