Saturday, September 01, 2007

Childhood flashbacks...or why you should all go see Transformers.

Yes, I realize the movie came out more than a month ago, so you'll have to forgive me for taking this long to go see it. I'd say it's not my fault, but who am I kidding? Of course it is. Still, it's been on the list and finally Ms. K and I made it out to see it.
Verdict? Loved it! I'll be honest, I remember the cartoon but in the vague, dreamlike way...which means not very well. I remember I had some of the toys, too. But I was never a rabid fan. I can't quote the movie from the 80's, nor can I tell you all the plot lines of the cartoons. But I can tell you I laughed my tuches off at the movie tonight...and it wasn't only at the audience members who were laughing.
Spielberg and the writers did a great job of setting up the "ordinary world" before turning everything on its ear. They created ordinary heroes we can relate to, while putting them in extraordinary situations we could never dream of. So here you go, my thoughts on the movie in no particular order:
*Bumblebee rocked! I want my own.
*Optimus Prime kicks some serious butt despite his penchant for long, drawn out monologues.
*Jazz...so sad. *sniff*
*The parents? Hopelessly clueless and utterly hysterical. I love when the mom questions Sam about what he's doing in his room all alone. Then her reaction when she meets Mikaela.
*quotes galore!
I will definitely buy this one when it comes out, along with the soundtrack. I can already see where the music from this one is going to definitely set some writing moods...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONTROL THE COMMENTARY. CONTROL THE COMMENTARY. I have my own place to talk, right? LOL. I'm not sure what the funniest part of the movie was, but between the "almost accident" in the parking garage pre-movie, and the audience, and the movie itself? There is a lot to talk about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home