Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Comings and goings...

How is it time seems to speed up when you have good friends visiting? One of my friends from high school spent a long weekend with me, mostly to interview at some local hospitals. Despite the lack of sleep, and work, we managed to fit in a great visits. I forget sometimes how much fun I have with my friend.
Of course, the flipside is the reminder that I'm much more used to my routines, and my way of life. I'm not used to having someone around everytime I walk in the door, or talking all the time. I'm not used to feeling like I'm entertaining for 5 days in a row.
It helps that we are such good friends we can sit silently and just be, without it becoming one of those uncomfortable things.
Despite the interruption to my routines, I love having family and friends visit. I love sharing my town with them, and all the places I love to visit. I love becoming a tourist in my own city, as we drive around to all those tourist-y locations.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home