Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's ba-ack...

The wind, that is. Yesterday morning the state went on alert, anxiously watching the weather reports for news on our latest "Wind Storm." Weathermen (and women) assured us we would not revisit last December's storm, and for that we're all thankful. So far the fastest gusts I've heard about clocked in at 62 mph. But as far as I know they didn't close either bridge, so we've been okay. There are power outages around the sound, but nothing like last winter. Mainly we're dealing with fallen trees, and traffic issues as a result.
I'm just hoping it all dies down enough so my friend Allison's plane can land at the airport. She's visiting for a long weekend. I've been looking forward to this visit for a while, as it's been a coupel of years since she's been able to get to town. Even better, she's in town to interview for a couple of jobs...so she might move here! See, ladies and gents? My master plan is working. Bwah-hahahah!
In the meantime, I sit here putting all my good thoughts to the lights staying on in my apartment, safe plane landings, graphs for school and revisions...Who says I don't know how to have fun?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Stay safe - fall hit here in Oklahoma. I'm debating about whether to turn on the heat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home