Saturday, November 24, 2007

Blast from the past...


Tonight is my high school reunion. How in the heck have 10 years already gone by? Due to scheduling changes and the cost of flying cross country over Thanksgiving weekend, I'm not there. And that makes me a little sad. I'm sorry I'm missing an opportunity to catch up with old friends I've lost touch with. If only because the Curious George in me wants to know what everyone's up to.
The highlight of my night so far has been two calls from the reunion. One came from NY C, who wanted to give me a chance to pass along messages. I told her she really just needed to take a picture of me on a popsicle stick with her. She could carry it around, and it would be like I was really there!
The other call came from S, one of my oldest friends. We've lost touch over the last few years, but every so often I think about her. Hearing her voice again after so many years was a total blast from the past. I can picture her standing there, smiling down at me just like when we were kids. Only now she's a mom. Of three! She sounded so happy, and it made me wish I were there to give her a hug and laugh over the last 10 years of our lives.
But it's all good. In the long run? I've kept in touch with those people most important to me, and the rest? Who knows? Maybe I'll get to see them sooner than I think.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home