Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New favorite shows...

Seeing as how the Writer's Strike in LA continues, I've had to search for my fun in other places. Some would say this was a perfect opportunity to get more work done on my book, or read more, or heck sleep more! But no. Instead, I've gone and found other shows I can watch, and entertain my brain regardless of how tired I am.
First up: Orangutan Island. Yes, you really can make an entire t.v. show about orangutans and what they do. And believe it or not, what they do is a lot like what we do. The show comes complete with narrator, in case you were wondering if that was really a mating ritual or perhaps just a personal hygiene issue. The narrator has a very dry delivery, which to me only adds to the humor.
Second in line: The Big Bang Theory. Okay, okay. I know half of you have already told me about this one. I also know that I tried my hardest to avoid being sucked in. Sadly, I gave up the ghost once I realized my favorite band sings the opening credits. Really, how can I not love a show endorsed by the Barenaked Ladies? Hm? I swear, I almost fell off the couch laughing last night when all the characters went to bed, leaving the guy who can't talk in front of a pretty girl standing in the kitchen eating, all because the pretty girl is asleep on the couch. Priceless!
And lest you be concerned, yes I did start work on TGTBT last night. I finally have a handle on these characters, or at least I think I do. At the very least I know enough to start the darn thing, and that's better than nothing, right?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Patty L. said...

I have never watched either of the two shows you have mentioned and since the writers strike, I have read a lot of books. Of course, that's how I spend most of my time if I'm not writing. I also have found out that I have an addiction to Nick @ Night. I love the old shows. LOL

COngrats on starting your book. I find that the being is always the hardest.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You started your next book! Sometime getting started is a huge hurdle. Good job!

I missed The Big Bang Theory this week because I was writing at the time. My husband had it on, though, and kept laughing -- very loudly. I love that show when I catch it.

Kelli

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Erin said...

It's definitely hard to get started this time around. I think I'm just tired. Still, now that I have a better idea of WHAT story I'm writing, it's a whole lot easier.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

My oldest and I will watch Orangutan Island together. It's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home