Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm not a stalker, I swear!

Tonight must have been Teacher Night at the gym, and I never received the memo! It's always a little disconcerting (my fave word for the week), to run into someone you know at the gym, let alone in the locker room. It's even stranger to run into someone you only know by sight when in the locker room.
Thankfully, she didn't think I was some crazy stalker when I greeted her with, "You work for BSD, don't you?"
If it were me, I would have turned my back and pretended to be deaf. Or maybe I simply would have freaked out, thinking I'd been found by a parent. Clearly, she's either used to be recognized in strange places, or else I'm not as intimidating as I like to think.
We chatted for a few minutes, mostly about the fact that it's a sign we're near the end of the trimester, as teachers are flocking toward stress-relieving outlets. We were joined by another two teachers from her school, both of who ended up on the elliptical machines next to me.
Thankfully, I managed to restrain myself from talking shop during the very long 40 minutes. I know they appreciated it.
And hopefully when I run into them at the district meeting tomorrow afternoon, they won't think I'm stalking them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home