Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Notes from the couch...

I spent the day home from work, literally sick and tired. Here are some thoughts for you that I pulled together during my hours actually awake (and folks, there really weren't many of those...)
-Everyone should be able to take a 3.5 hour nap in the afternoon. It makes you feel so good! Of course, when you're ready for sleep a few hours after that? Something's not right.
-Flaming balls of cotton. Seriously, flaming balls of cotton used to heat up giant herb crayons, which are then used for "heat therapy" during acupuncture. Is it bad that I couldn't actually feel much of the heat? Is it bad that my acupuncturist could, and likely almost burned off his fingers?
-Books! Books! More books! Today is Super Tuesday, and not just because of all the primaries, or Mardi Gras. No, it's because so many eagerly awaited books were released. Namely: Unpredictable by the fabulous Eileen Cook (no, this does not count as my promo, that'll come another day), The Last Twilight by Marjorie M. Liu (not fair that both copies at Borders were already reserved), and Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon (not Acheron's book, but that comes very soon!!). Thankfully, I had Allison Brennan's Killing Fear to keep me company when I was awake.
And now, folks, it's back off to sleep. Gotta go back to work tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Oh you poor thing. I hate being sick in February. Rent lots of chick litty movies and snooze as much as you need.

And you're a sweetie to mention my book. Earning good karma- all while you are sick.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I know you're a fan of Eileen Cook's and I'm holding a contest in honor of Unpredictable, if you want to stop by Manic Mom to enter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home