Sunday, March 16, 2008

Freedom!

I am happy to announce I'm finally free of report cards...at least until June. But we won't speak of it.
Still, I'm done with the bane of my existance and spring has sprung...sort of. It's still nice and cool out, but the cherry blossoms have begun to bloom, and the sun shines more and more frequently. I love it!
Another sign of spring is my elementary school's annual auction. Funds raised at the auction help to fund many projects at the school, along with a fair number of salaries. I didn't go last year, but after all the stories I had to go to this year's. And let me tell you, this auction surpassed any expectation I might have had. The theme? Denim & Diamonds. And when I tell you that some people showed up in gun belts? I'm not exaggerating. I laughed so hard last night...too bad I can't share half of the stories. Let's just say fun was had by all, and children's artwork went to the highest bidder.
Truth, my friends, is most definitely stranger than fiction. Thank goodness the parents of my classroom are such wonderful, down to earth people. I'm so lucky this year. That said, it's back to writing, revising and the fun that is normal life.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home