Sunday, March 02, 2008

A pronunciation guide for Rachel Ray...

Okay, I have to write this. You can ignore my rant if you'd like but I'm going to share regardless.
Ms. Ray, the word is challah, with a gutteral "ch" sound. It should sound like you are trying to clear your throat, or perhaps hack up something distasteful. It is not pronounced Hallah, Holla, or Hola. Does the word start with an h? No. It does not, therefor it is not pronounced like the Gwen Stefani song "Holla Back." Okay? Are we clear? I enjoy your show, and would like to continue to watch, but will have to stop if you continue to butcher the words you speak.
Thank you.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Keep in mind this is a woman who makes up words for olive oil.

I'm back in town and will tackle your questions this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home