Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Does Bubbe know something I don't know?

About 7-8 years ago I used my grandmother's house as my main address while I finished college. It was also my father's address, and I lived there when I wasn't at school. At the time I had one or two magazine subscriptions that I've long since stopped. Who has the time to read them all? So it's been a good long while since anyone has had a need to mail me anything at her address.
But apparently my Bubbe knows something I don't know. Or else she's trying to tell me something. The other day I opened my mailbox here in Washington to find a magazine she decided to forward to me. It was all wrapped in plastic, clearly showing her mailing address. Except for where she attached the bright pink card where she wrote my current address and instructions to forward.
The magazine? American Baby.
I thought it was bad enough when she asks me (everytime I call) if I'm dating anyone. Now apparently she's decided to bypass the husband, and moved straight to me giving birth.
Oy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger traveler said...

Lucky you to have a bubbe. Treasure her and cherish her. She is just caring and concerned. My bubbe's were not like that and died when I was still very young.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home