Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No, I'm not the bride...

Let me start off with a simple statement...I have fantastic friends. Saturday night my friend R arranged a night of dinner and dancing...complete with me not having to drive. Of course, since it's a night out for me, it must come complete with some humiliation...and a lot of laughter.
To start the night, R brought me a new tiara (yay! it's sparkly!) and leies (sp??) for all the attendees. Somehow we missed the memo that told us everyone at the pub would think I was a bride-to-be, rather than a birthday princess.
D'oh!
I spent a good portion of the night engaged in the following conversation:
Random Pub-hopper: Are you getting married?
Me: No, it's my birthday.
RP(in a very disappointed voice), : Oh, happy birthday. Where's the bride?
Me (pointing): Over there.
RP: Thanks!
Yeah, it was like that.
But I danced. Actually, for quite a while I was the only one who danced...if you don't count the nice gentleman who came out to spin me around the floor a few times. It's really too bad I don't follow the lead very well. And even worse that I'm not very good at letting someone dip me...as evidenced by the sound of my tuches hitting the floor when he tried.
Still, we danced the night away, I got my flirt on, and came home in the weeeee hours of the morning...which I learned I really can't do so much any more. Somehow the recovery time has grown...and I'm not sure I like that. But fun was had by all, and I had a long weekend to enjoy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home