Monday, June 16, 2008

The difference is...

There are many differences between men and women. Let's face it, most of these differences are very good things. They make life interesting...and they give me something to write about. And I can always use more fodder for my books.
Sometimes those differences are exhausting. Case in point...wedding attired. Before you get too excited, let me remind you it's not my wedding. I'm a bridesmaid in the fall, and the three of us have been on the look out for our dresses for months. You wouldn't think it would be difficult to find a tea-length black dress appropriate for a wedding.
You'd be wrong.
Apparently it's like trying to find a left over bagel in the house after my family has brunch...which is to say nigh on impossible.
We've searched high and low, a search impeded by the fact that one of us lives in another state, and all three of us are no where near the same body type. But we searched valiently. We sent each other pictures. We visited different locations of the same store on the off chance they'd have different merchandise. We searched and searched, and finally found it. It will need minor alterations (need I remind you I'm short?), but it manages to do the almost impossible and make me look respectable.
Men, to be contrary, walk into a tuxedo shop, try on maybe one or two (if we're really lucky) and settle on the one that buttons. How is this fair?
Still, we have the dresses. Sort of. They're being ordered, or picked up; they'll be altered appropriately.
But then we have to find the shoes. Oy.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

What? No photo?

Also thanks for the summer book recommendations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home