Monday, July 07, 2008

Doesn't it figure...


Ever have one of those days? You know, the kind where you run into all the people you know who you wouldn't mind running into...if it were any other day?
Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
I had one of those yesterday. First after a hard ride with Mom, I ran into Target to return a shirt, and pick up a few last minute items, only to run into a WW co-worker of mine. I adore this gal, but I was exhausted and dirty and wasn't planning to see anyone.
Then that afternoon, still exhausted, I dragged myself off to the bookstore for a natural pick me up. A cupcake and a book. I've been eating very well for more than two weeks, and I wanted a little something. Of course, I was still exhausted from earlier so I spent much of the subsequent drive and shopping with my head in a fog. The fog continued as I got in line and didn't even realize I was behind my WW territory manager/leader I work with. Again, a good friend, but I was tired and holding a giant cupcake. Talk about embarrassing. Who wants to be caught at the bookstore by their boss (from the weight loss company they work for) while holding a giant buttercream frosting cupcake? I know I didn't. Thankfully, the opaque bag hid my treat well. Of course, I'm still in a fog, but that's neither here nor there.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Never be ashamed of having a cupcake. Hold that cake with pride young lady- you earned it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home