Thursday, July 10, 2008

A word of warning...

A word of warning to those of you out there who might be walking on a trail that is also commonly used by cyclers and/or bladers. You can get out of the way a lot easier than I can. When I am traveling at approximately 12-14 mph, my ability to stop is less controlled. When there are walkers on one side of the trail (with a safe strip to step to the side on to) and a man in a wheel chair on the other side (next to a lovely embankment), the walker is expected to move to the side. Not the man in the wheel chair. So unless you are looking for an excuse to do your impression of roadkill, I do not have to be nice when I'm notifying you for the THIRD time that I'm coming up and need room. Especially when I was more than polite the first two times.
I'm very sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities by saying with great sarcasm, "Excuse me! Thank you!" But to be honest? Oh. Well. I really didn't want to find out how well I fit into the lap of the man in the wheelchair.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home