Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pudding brain not-withstanding...

Okay, okay, I know I'm at fault here. I'm horribly late with updating you all on the every exciting life I lead, and I should apologize. But I won't.
I came back from the RWA National conference with just enough time to grocery shop and re-pack, before leaving again to celebrate Bubbe's 80th birthday back in Michigan. I got to spend some quality family time this last week...complete with mini-golf.
All I want to know is, how in the world did two athletic people (ie. my parents) create me? I have no grace when it comes to sports. Heck, I'm just proud I scored better than my 9 year old cousin.
The week was very much like reverting to my 5 year old self. How is it that I can be almost 30 years old and yet the minute I return to my grandmother's home I might as well still be in elementary school?
Now that I'm home, I'm busy running around getting ready for the new school year. I spent most of yesterday at work, pulling my classroom together with the help of about 5-7 volunteers. These ladies and gents were amazing. They willingly took on some of the nastier jobs...like labeling the books in my class library with genre and cleaning out my printer. I'm scrambling to get as much writing in as possible before work starts in reality...which means that things are definitely not boring around here.
But I haven't forgotton all of you. Over the next week or so I promise to show you pictures of my trip to San Francisco (the tourist part with mom, not the conference...you've already seen all of those). I may even throw in some photos from Michigan. Who knows. You'll just have to come back and see.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Marilyn Brant said...

Hey, Erin~I don't think we talked about this classroom teaching thing!! (I used to teach 3rd grade, too--for 5 years--after having taught 2nd for 3 years. :) Getting that classroom ready is always such a milestone in the year--an end of summer, but a start of something new and potentially wonderful... I still always think of the REAL "New Year" beginning with the start of school rather than on Jan. 1st.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home