Sunday, September 07, 2008

Cheering up

I'm intent on putting myself in a better mood from last week. The strike continues, and it's draining on my energy. I needed a better outlook...and I found it.
Step 1: Shabbat dinner with friends to celebrate one's birthday.
Check.
Step 2: Purchase large bouquet of mixed flowers to brighten the apartment...and make me feel special.
Check.
Step 3: Laugh my way through work at WW.
Check.
Step 4: Meet friend for appetizers before show. Show up at wrong restaurant. Rush to other one.
Check.
Step 5: See Shrek the Musical. Be entertained by two little boys under the age of 5 and their barely discernable commentary throughout.
Check.
Step 6: Run into friend from grad program. Catch up briefly during intermission.
Check.
All in all, a pretty good weekend so far. If it clears, and if Mom wakes up, we'll probably bike this morning. It's getting to be that time of year, when we return the bikes to storage for the winter and find a new activity to occupy our "together" time. A weekend full of friends and family, what better way to turn the weekend to a better note.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

You deserve a good and happy time. Hang tight during the strike. I have such HUGE respect for teachers and the work they do. Lots of people are cheering for you.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're making the most of this uncertain time. How was Shrek? Scary for little kids (I've heard the story isn't the same as the movie and a 3-D ogre can be a bit much)?

Kelli
www.kelliestes.com/blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home