Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bad blogger...

No, I'm not yelling at the blogger system. I'm yelling at myself. Bad, Erin, for not posting for almost a week! I can't believe how fast this week went by. I apologize profusely. I have no excuse, really, other than a very long week including the Jewish New Year of Rosh Hashanah (pronounced Roshe, not Raaaash or Rash). Somehow it led me to Friday without a posting in sight.
And since you're all (okay, Rachel and Mom are) clamoring for my zoo post, here it is:
The problem with having family who visit you approximately once a year is that you run out of cool things to do with them after the first few visits. There's only so many trips to the Ballard Locks, or the Seattle Waterfront, or Pike Place Market one can take before losing their mind completely. So when my grandparents (from here known as GP) came to visit, I had to scramble for something to do with them. We started out at lunch, where they were amazed by the bi-level (right word?) Target across the street. "Two floors? How do they do that?!" From there we took the long way through Ballard down to the Woodland Park Zoo. Please keep in mind, I love the zoo. I'm basically a giant 5 year old at heart. Take me to the zoo and I'll ooooh and ahhhh all day long.
So off to see the lions and tigers and bears (insert: Oh my!). Actually it was more like zebras and hippos and gorillas, really. We slowly (hey, the GPs are in great shape, but they don't walk quite as fast as they used to) made our way through the zoo. We marvelled over the elephants, the zebras and the fake ostrich eggs. We watched the raptor soar through the air after the fake "prey." We narrowly (and in Nana's case not at all) escaped getting pooped on by a bird. We cleaned up after getting pooped on by the bird. We stopped to read every sign between the enterance and the exit. Sometimes we read them twice. And we asked multiple questions of every zoo employee we found. (Please note, this is more a Royal we, meaning the GPs.)
By the time we left, we were all ready to go to the hotel where they promptely changed for dinner (because let's be honest, bird poo is such a turn off), and we relaxed while listening to someone on one of the 24 hour news channels interview John McCain at top volume.
Ah, a lovely day indeed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home