Monday, October 20, 2008

Help! I'm being buried...

...under a pile of books. How is it that no matter how quickly I read, the book pile grows faster? Is it an addiction? Do I simply lack the ability to say no when it comes to buying more books? Does it have to do with the belief that if I don't buy the book RIGHT NOW it won't be there when I want it?
Or am I simply the weakest link and dependent upon a pile of papers to keep me happy?
Yeah, I don't have the answer either. But share with me your weakness, and I'll share with you a book I picked up a the recent Emerald City Conference (and yes, pics coming soon). I'll pick a name at random from comments left. Contest ends Friday, Oct. 24.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,
Only one weakness?

I guess my weakness is spending money on writing craft education and conferences! Then follows the competition between writing time and learning time. Lots of half read "how to" books. It is my hope that every little bit I learn will make its way into my writing.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer DeCuir said...

I crochet baby sweaters whenever someone I know is having a baby. My weakness? Buttons! I had to buy a craft box for all the buttons. I'll never make enough sweaters to catch up to all the buttons that I've collected. They're so cute I can't help myself.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Lesa~Dragon said...

Oh Erin - the books - big weakness.
I too have a stack from ECWC and still more from National - on top of the piles and piles from purchase this year. I keep telling myself I will not buy more books, and then something new comes out I just must have or I hear about a new author and whamo.. I'm back in the romance section of my local book store with STACKS of paperbacks in my hands. Sigh, if you find a cure, please, please share!

Also, in may own chain of 'weakest link' items are office supplies, shiny things (of all kids), and kitchen gadgets - not necessarily in that order!

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My weakness is drooling over gorgeous book covers. And then I have this sudden urge to buy the book which I later regret if I don't enjoy the book.

ylin.0621[at]yahoo.com

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My weakness is chocolate. mmmm...YUM....

aimme21 at yahoo dot com

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger traveler said...

My weakness is treating myself to bagels and lattes. Just love them especially during the Fall.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger ellie said...

I have an intense compulsion for browsing through bookstores. This is a definite weakness which I enjoy.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger jenna said...

I have a weakness for sushi and thai food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home