Monday, October 27, 2008

Relax...

This weekend, for the first time in almost two months, I was forced to sit back and relax. No cell phone (couldn't get reception), no email (no computer), no where to be, no meetings/appointments, and no rushing around to be anywhere. I got to sleep in (okay, fine, tried to sleep in), laze away the morning, eat a leisurely breakfast, write, read, wander around a quaint little town...in general? Relax.
Why is relaxing such a foreign thing to me? Is it my upbringing? My school years? My intense need to feel productive? Who knows. What I do know, is that I have a severe problem.
Hello, my name is Erin, and I can't relax.
It's really not right. Friday night I practically had to do a wedding service for my shoulders and my ears. Not because of anything uniquely awful, just because of anxiety, worry, and running around. By Saturday morning they were halfway to their normal positions, and by Sunday morning? My shoulders comfortably rested where they belong.
Let's just hope I keep this good feeling going.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

You need a good spa visit. Something about random strangers rubbing you down does a body good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home