Friday, December 26, 2008

Going a little stir-crazy...

Thanks to the snow (and hello! It's still falling), I've been pretty much stuck at home for over a week now. I've managed to get out for small chunks of time, but never very long as it's usually on foot. This has led to several important discoveries:
-I really hate white walls.
-I can't paint walls, thanks to my hands. They may be getting better, but not that much better.
-Good friends are indispensible.
-Good books are just as indispensible.
-My town is wholly unprepared for this kind of weather.
-Just because my car is out of the garage doesn't mean I can really go anywhere.
-Going somewhere when you don't have a specific place in mind isn't all that much fun.
-Snow is my least favorite form of precipitation.
-It is possible to miss friends and family more than you thought you would.
With all that said, I'm more than a little thankful that through all this I've been warm and safe. I only lost power for a few hours, and they passed quickly. I even got some writing done.
Now, I'm off to find more wood for my fireplace. Best wishes for all in the New Year!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home