Saturday, March 14, 2009

Trouble...

With the Boy currently out of town, I'm up to my own devices this weekend. Mostly, I'm back to the dastardly report cards, but I took some time this afternoon for an adventure with my good friend, D.
After a walk around a local lake, we wandered of to a store she's been teasing me with for months. Laura Bee Designs is a local purse designer. By now, you all know my addiction to purses of all kinds. Big, small, I want them (a point which completely baffles the Boy). So walking into this store may well have been like walking into heaven. The store revolves around their purse making operation, though they carry all sorts of various one of kind productions ranging from wallets and checkbook covers to earrings and necklaces. They have a variety of purse styles that can be created in any number of combinations of fabric, ribbon, buckles and buttons. They purchase all materials in small quantities, and design each bag by hand so no two are alike. Even better? For the price of one of their pre-made bags, they will build you a purse using whichever materials you pick, and it only takes 3-4 weeks!
If you've already guessed I couldn't walk away without a purchase, you'd be right. My brand new, self-designed bag will arrive on my doorstep in 3-4 weeks, and frankly, I don't know if I have the patience to wait.
I have a new addiction, folks, and this could get ugly.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see your new purse! The one in the picture is adorable! I'll have to stop by that shop sometime.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

I LOVE the one in the picture! That's awesome! Can't wait to see yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home