Friday, April 10, 2009

And the winner is...

Carolynn! Drop me an email and let me know your mailing address (or if you'll be at the meeting next week, I'll just bring it then.)

In other news, Passover is well on it's way. Two days in and I'm already tired of matza. This doesn't bode well for the duration. Wednesday was a crazy busy day. I ran around doing last minute shopping until about 3, then came home to have The Boy move furniture while I made soup. Lots of soup. Two big pots of soup. But boy, did my apartment smell yummy.
The evening went smashingly, without the smashing of plates or glasses. We managed to fit three tables, 14 chairs, and 14 people into my apartment...and there was still room to maneuver. Well, mostly. Note to self, in the future, don't give inside seat at card table to the 6'1" guy. It's just mean, not to mention a hazard to all wine glasses.
I love hosting gatherings at my place, and Wednesday was no exception. Despite the matza crumbs that I'm sure are still hiding in the carpet, despite the fact I've managed to lose (and quite possibly throw out) the spout cover to my tea pot, I'm already looking forward to the next get together.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Carolynn Estes said...

Yay! I'm so glad I won. I'll be at the meeting, so you can just bring it there. See you on Tuesday!

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Caryn Caldwell said...

LOL! I love your lesson learned. Yes, I can see how putting the tall guy in the middle can be a problem. Of course, the hosts have to be on the end, too so they can serve. And the kids get their own table. So who does sit in the middle? Hmmm...

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Hi Caryn! I'm so glad you found me :)
Yes, it's an important lesson. My poor guy puts up with so much from me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home