Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just when you think you're close, then knock you back down...

I opened up the mail today to find the little slip of paper I've been waiting on. The little slip announcing a package in the manager's office. Wahoo! My Dragon NaturallySpeaking arrived. For those of you not in the know, DNS is voice recognition software. Theoretically, it should allow me to speak into a microphone, and have then type what I say. Crucial, in my opinion, if I'm to continue to write while working on my National Board Certification.
And yes, in case you're wondering, I probably am a bit on the crazy side.
So I have my software, I have my headset (which, to be honest, pinches a bit and will have to be replaced eventually. I have a small head, people, and yet this is too small for me. What about all the big-headed people in the world?), I have my computer, I have the will to train the software to recognize my speech variances (I said hockey, not hackey). What I don't have? Is a DVD-rom drive.
Sigh.
Just when I was set to spend the rest of the evening on it...
Good thing The Boy is a techie, and a talented one at that. Fry's, here we come.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

I'll be interested to hear how you like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home