Sunday, January 23, 2011

My life is mine again...

Well, sort of.
I was warned about a month ago that it was normal if I felt a sense of malaise after the wedding. And recently I've seen several articles online and in magazines talking about this phenomenon. Apparently after spending upwards of a year planning the "perfect day," getting back to real life can lead to the blues.
Thankfully, I have not experienced this. In fact, I felt a sense of release once the wedding was over. Now, don't get me wrong. It was the most beautiful event I could have wanted. The night was wonderful and amazing, and now I'm married to my best friend.
The release comes in knowing that all the planning, all the meetings, all the time consuming little details are OVER.
Done.
Fini.
My life is mine again.
I spent the first week exhausted. I can't imagine taking our honeymoon right now. I wouldn't have had the energy! So I tried to get back into my workout schedule, and returned as many borrowed items as possible. This weekend I read Susan Elizabeth Philips much-anticipated Call Me Irresistible, and loved it! Today, after Ray left to drive back for work tomorrow, I ran errands, hit the gym, read. I relaxed for the first time in what felt like months.
Most importantly, I feel like writing again. I feel like I've had time to refill the well, finally, and that I can be creative once more.
And all I have to say for that is Hallelujah!

I'm starting small. My friends know I like to have weekly goals for myself. A guideline to keep me on track and moving forward. These same friends were the first to kick me in the rear when not meeting those goals almost sent me into a corner to rock back and forth. Now, those same goals energize me. They are small, manageable, but infinitely doable. And that's just what I need right now to get myself back in the saddle.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

More pictures!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

I agree with Eileen! More pictures! Not that I wasn't there or anything. :)

So glad you have your life back. I know exactly how you feel. And I can't wait to hear about your rejuvenation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home