Thursday, May 22, 2008

Let the sun shine in...

This weekend brought sunshine and warmth...two things desperately lacking in the Pacific Northwest 10 months out of the year. Usually we have to wait until July for the truly delightful weather, but every once in a while we get a peak early on. This year took longer than normal to warm up, but once it did? Look out world!
My body loved the warmth so much, most of the world thought I was loopy Saturday...and this was all without caffeine.
Of course, with the sun and warmth comes a few undesireable things. Like the pasty white skin revealed by shorts and (in the case of men) lack of shirts. Seriously folks...when you're skin is so white, that we can use you for a road reflector...or possibly a panel on a satellite? Cover up. I know it's arm, and I know you want to fully experience the beautiful weather...but you're a hazard to society. One glimpse of your chalky skin, sans shirt, and we're all clutching our eyes screaming, "It burns, it burns!" Now I understand I'm not really one to talk. My legs are approximately the same shade as the envelope my phone bill arrives in. But I realize this, and I accept my limitations. I don't flaunty my skin where all the world can see it...and go blind.
So for the sake of your loved ones, if you're that pale? Keep the shirt on. Or at the very least, invest in some good self-tanner.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

I too have the pasty skin of death. Ah, nothing like being the color of skim milk to drive a man wild. NOT

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Erin said...

It's a NW thing to...no one else in North America quite hits the same shade of white as those of us in the Pacific NW.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

That is the reason you rarely see me at a pool, I'm still traumitized by the school kids calling me Casper the Ghost or telling me to jump back in the pool because I was blinding them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home