Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snowshoe adventures...

This weekend The Boy and I decided to try snowshoeing. I know, I know. We all know how much I hate the cold. But snowshoeing came highly recommended, and I was in the mood for a bit of an adventure. So early Saturday (early for him, not me) we gathered our snow gear and drove east to Snoqualmie Pass.

Once there we checked in, and after a quick jaunt over to the ski area, returned to sit in front of the fire and wait for our guide.


I learned some important things on this little hike.
  • snow shoes are one size fits all...and you better hope you're that size.
  • some people can walk in them, some can run.
  • some can't do either...and you don't want to be behind them on the trek.

sometimes running down the hill is easier than walking.

it is possible for a tree to stay alive, even when lightening and a fire have eaten away the entire core.

  • woodpeckers peck perfect rectangles.


  • you can stay warm while treking through the forest...but once you're done you'll freeze your tuches off.
  • it is possible to change back into jeans from your snow pants, in a car, without anyone seeing.
  • this is a very COLD way to change your pants.

The last thing I learned? I like snowshoeing. Not sure I'd climb a mountain with them on, but I had a lot of fun.

***And now...for the winner of my contest. Genella! Genella, please email me at erin @ erineisenberg.net with your mailing address and I'll send out your prize. Congratulations!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home