Monday, April 06, 2009

In honor of Spring Break

My district is finally on Spring Break, which means I'm finally getting my much needed "vacation." Not that I'm going anywhere, really. But the break came sneaking in and bringing with it sun, sun, and more sun!
After months of the rain, sunshine and almost 70 degree weather is downright tropical for me. So is it any wonder I broke out the bicycle this afternoon? Of course not. Mom and I have another ride planned for tomorrow, and I hope the ride is smoother now that I've already done one.
In honor of Spring Break, good books, and a chance (finally!) to relax for a few days, I'm offering another contest. All you have to do is leave a comment telling me your favorite thing about Spring, and you'll be entered to win a copy of Julia Harper's For the Love of Pete. Contest runs through Thursday night at midnight and the winner will be announced Friday morning.
Make sure to check back on Friday, not just for the winner, but also to hear about how I fit 14 people into my tiny apartment for the first night Passover Seder.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Marilyn Brant said...

Hi Erin!

Oh, I'll play...I LOVE spring :). My favorite thing? I think it's the scent. When you step outside and it just smells like things are growing--the lilac bushes (not blossoming here yet but soon) are almost intoxicating to breathe in. We had a long winter, though. I'm looking forward to everything--from the leaves coming back to not having to wear a coat...

Hope you have a very happy Passover!!

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Carolynn Estes said...

Hi Erin,
Spring isn't my favorite season, but there is much to be appreciated: the warmer weather (sometimes), the cherry blossoms, the return of leaves and flowers, longer days. But the most important for me? My anniversary. This year will be 8 years and when I smell the lilacs and see tulips I know another blissful year has passed.

Can't wait to hear how you fit so many people into your apartment!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home