Into a Writer's Head
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
And this one...
Monday, March 15, 2010
Creativity has been sucked out of me...
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Contest Opportunity!My good friend Emily is running a contest in conjunction with the release of her latest online novella, A DUKE FOR ALL SEASONS. Each month my readers vote for the direction the story should take and I write the next chapter. March is the last month a vote will enter readers in my March 31'st drawing for a $100 gift card. The link to the contest is: http://www.emilybryan.com/contest.htm
Now, even if you're not a huge historical reader, you know you want a chance to win, so what are you waiting for? Go vote!
Saturday, March 06, 2010
I'm tryingto be a better blogger. So here you go, the second post in a week. Go me!
I have about 4 weeks left to finish my National Boards, and I've come to some serious realizations:
1) It is not fun analyzing yourself. Especially not when you do it over. And over. And over.
2) It's way more fun writing books.
3) I used to be able to work on two projects at a time. Those days are long gone. Now I'm lucky if I can work on one project at a time.
4) Did I mention analyzing yourself stinks?
5) Too much thinking leaves you with a serious hurting brain, and no amount of ibuprofen or aspirin will help it.
6) There is a light at the end of the tunnel. But the light is very far away and somewhat dim.
But I'm almost there, for better or for worse. Then it's back to 52 Weeks and planning my wedding. Gosh, why do those two things sound so easy right now?
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
At a loss for words?This is how I'm feeling right now.
I find that lately I'm feeling decidely un-witty. This could be due to many reasons. I'm going to chalk it up to the biggest reason...stress.
Stress sucks, did you know that?
So rather than try to think of some long rambling musing, I'm going to leave you with this:
It's evil. R turned me on to it last weekend and I spent 2 hours trying to solve one riddle. It's completely addictive.
And you just gotta give it a try. Here's a hint, make sure you keep a word document or text document of the clues, because you may need them at various points.